Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Future Father

I want to find a husband that will be involved in my children lives. I want my husband to be there for our children when they come into this world. I will help my husband be involved in the birth so he can bond with our children from the beginning. I hope my husband will want to help when our children are ill. It meant a lot to me when my father stayed with me in the hospital, and I hope that if given a similar situation that my husband would do the same for his children. I will let my husband have one on one time with each of our children. I will encourage my children to be excited when he returns home from work or a business trip.  I want my children to know that they can always go to their father. I will allow and want my children to talk and to listen to their father’s advice. I will want my husband to take time out of his busy life to find activities that he can share with them. 
I am dating and considering someone to share my life with, I can pay attention to see if he is comfortable with children. Something that I can do to find out how he will react to children is to spend time with him around young children. I have a lot of younger cousins and it would be fun to babysit them with my future spouse. Before we are married I would ask and discuss with him his anticipated involvement with our children. I hope that by doing some of these things before we are married we will better understand each other’s feelings about children and the relationship we want to have with them.

1 comment:

  1. Amber, what beautiful thoughts you have. You have had an amazing Dad and it shows. More than anything else your Heavenly Father will let you know through the spirit what kind of Father a young man would be. There isn't anything quite so sweet as a Dad holding a sweet new baby and smiling.

    ReplyDelete